Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Years of The Dragon: Page 1


Here is the first page of Years of The Dragon...  I started drawing this page on paper, which was pretty simple.  After I used SAI to make the actual drawing, and color everything.  I have to say, that coloring everything takes a lot of time and effort, even if this page doesn't seem like much, if you are thinking about making a comic you should know at least in the beginning that it is going to be a lot of work.  But even if it is work, it is fun work.  I originally figured that the story would be just about a couple of my Dragon characters in a kind of Animal Crossing type of world, but that quickly changed as I moved ahead with the comic.  Each house was meant for a certain Dragon.  I tried to make the trees as light as I could, since I wanted the mood of the town to be really happy and carefree.  The Narrator wasn't originally going to be a character, but I felt that after thinking about it for a little while that it would be interesting to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment